Hiking in the Liqenati / Bjeshket e Nemuna – swim in the stunning lakes and practice yoga in nature.
Mountain GuideUta IbrahimiKosovo
Professional mountain guide, friendly and English-speaking
Sandwich and fresh fruits
You will be transferred from Prishtina to Kuqishte village
In western Kosovo, at the national park “Bjeshkët e Nemuna” there are plenty of mountain lakes, one of them called-Liqenati. It is one of the best lakes in Kosovo and is often visited by people going to the Rugova Canyon. Near the lake, you can also do rock climbing.
Just above the village of Kuqishtë, Liqenati lake extends with an elevation of 1,970 m. Also it is the natural resource that divides Kosovo from Montenegro.
- We start our trip in Prishtina. From Prishtina to Peja we travel for 1 hour 35 min. In Peja, we stop for a short break. After a 1 hour journey from Peja to our starting point from the Restaurant to the Lake, we stop to prepare and get acquainted with the daily program.
- When we reach the lake we can refresh ourselves in this natural water gem, so take a swimsuit and towels with you.
- From here, the group can decide to continue on the second lake or relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings or summit the peak of Guri i Kuq.
- This region is rich in wild fruits which are an amazing bio treat and we will have the opportunity to taste strawberries and blueberries during our journey.
- We usually take a refreshing picnic and discuss about the “Accursed Mountains” National Park and the endemic species of this area.
- Before embarking on the journey back we will do muscle and mind relaxation with Yoga. The mountain walk including departure and return lasts 6-7 hours.
Note: The actual itinerary and the duration of the activities are subject to change due to group abilities and preferences, weather conditions, and forecasts, road conditions, etc.For further details about the itinerary, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- People: 4-16
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Duration: 6-8 hours
- When to do: May through October